What is a Slab Leak?
A slab leak refers to a leak in one of the water pipes resting below your home’s concrete foundation. We use the best technology to detect leaks and their precise location so we can avoid unnecessarily ripping into your home’s foundation. Slab leaks can sometimes go undetected for months due to being out of immediate sight. However, potential damages are great, and excessive leaking can cause you to have to replace drywall, carpet, hardwood flooring, and other critical elements of your home’s structure. It’s important that you keep an eye on your water bill and the area immediately surrounding your home, since they can hold tell-tale signs of a slab leak.
Signs of a Slab Leak in Your Home or Business
In earthquake-prone California, we must be extra cautions when it comes to detecting and repairing slab leaks. Below are some signs to watch out for in your home or business.
- Your water bill has increased unexpectedly
- You hear water running, but nothing is left on
- You feel hot spots on the floor
- Your baseboards are wet
- You smell musty odors coming from your walls or floors
- You feel water on the floor or in the carpet
- You see that the soil around your home has moved noticeably
- You notice visible cracks in your foundation
If any of these points sound familiar to you, call us for hassle-free leak detection so we can get your home back to normal ASAP.